We fully respects your rights to privacy and utilizes the following procedures in regards to any information we receive or obtain about users of this website.
We do not share any information you provide to us, including your email and mailing addresses, with any companies outside our Family of Stores, its subsidiaries, affiliates, or necessary payment processors. If you choose to receive from us promotional materials, we may do so using either the email or the mailing addresses you provided on the registration or billing information screens. From time to time we may notify you of special promotions, new products or services, or other information that may interest you. Should you not wish to receive this type of information, you will be able to express this desire by clicking on the appropriate button or checkbox when first asked to respond to the issue, or by notifying us at anytime thereafter -- we will not send you information if you inform us you do not wish to receive such materials.
When you visit BlindsOnTime website, we place a text file called a "cookie" in the browser directory of your computer's hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookie.
Cookies enable this website to recognize the information you have consented to give to this website and help us determine what portions of this website are most appropriate for your professional needs.
In order to fulfill licensing transactions or provide service to you as a customer of ours stores, we may require you to provide certain information to us. Common items may include, but are not restricted to, your name, address, phone number and credit card number.
By providing BlindsOnTime with this information, you are agreeing to allow us to utilize this information to complete all transactions you request through this website and to disclose that information and details of all such transactions to BlindsOnTime offices, subsidiaries, affiliates and any necessary payment processors.
If at any time you believe that BlindsOnTime has not followed the above policy, or if you would like your information to be removed from our system, please contact us. We will make reasonable efforts to assess and correct any problem.
One of our highest priorities here at BlindsOnTime is to provide you with a secure online experience. It is our understanding that your privacy and security are of the highest importance and therefore have devoted a great deal of effort toward ensuring the protection of your personal information.
Please take some time to read about the steps that we have taken to protect your information and make your online transmissions safer. We also invite you to review the precautions that you can take to protect yourself further.
We hope that once you understand the measures we employ and the steps you can take to protect yourself, you'll be confident about the security of your transactions and personal information shared with BlindsOnTime.
1. Positive identification
BlindsOnTime uses a premium Internet secure server and secure certificate. It is registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm Internet's identity before any transmission is sent. With this technology:
- The identity of our site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any customer information requested to complete an online order.
- Your data reaches your intended target or your browser notifies you (prior to your sending any personal information) that the potential receiving site looks suspicious and should be avoided.
2. Data Encryption
If you are using a security-enabled browser (such as Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 3 or greater, or Netscape® Navigator® version 3 or greater), the information you send us regarding your account or your purchase is encrypted, making it extremely difficult to read even if it is wrongly intercepted.
3. BlindsOnTime utilizes industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information, such as your name and address
- critically sensitive information, such as your credit card number
If you use a security-enabled browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer version 3 or greater, or Netscape Navigator version 2.0 or greater), paying attention to two browser features will decrease the chances for the unintended or fraudulent use of your personal information:
1. Browser security settings
The security preference settings on your web browser are your first means of stopping the theft or unwanted viewing of confidential, personal information. The most popular browsers offer you the ability to receive an alert or notification if any of the following occurs or is about to occur:
- changing between secure and nonsecure transmission modes
- receiving an invalid site identification for the site to which you are about to transmit
- sending a transmission over an "open" or unsecured connection
- Check the settings of your browser security features to see all the checks that are possible and those that are currently in place.
2. Browser security signals
There are two ways you can recognize the presence of security measures surrounding your data entry on a web page.
(1) The URL identifying the page will always begin with "https://" versus the normal "http://".
(2) A security symbol to indicate operation in a mode that supports secure transmissions:
- A "closed lock" icon is present in the bottom right corner of your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser screen.
- An "unbroken key" icon appears in the lower left corner of the Netscape Navigator browser screen.
- With these security measures in place, you can also feel confident that every credit card transaction you make on our site is safe and secure.