Keeping your wood blinds clean are essential to both a better looking window, and longer lasting blinds! Like any other piece of wood furniture, wood blinds gather dust and dirt, and need special treatment to keep them looking new! If you can’t find the time to frequently clean them, make sure you at least dust them every once in a while. Here are a couple of steps to help you keep your blinds spic and span!
- Before beginning, lay down a sheet under your blinds, so that any falling dust or dirt will fall on it (so you won’t have to clean your floors afterwards, too).
- First, grab a duster and (preferably with cloth or wool because feather dusters just scatter the dust) close the blinds in one direction, dust top to bottom.
- Then, switch the direction of the blinds, and repeat.
- You may then want to use the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner and softly vacuum each slat.
- Finally, you’ll want to wipe them with a soft cloth, perhaps using Pledge or any type of multi surface cleaner for wood furniture, and wipe across each slat.
After you’re done you can shake out your sheet outside along with your dusters and throw your cloths in the laundry. You’ll be left with shiny, dustless wood blinds…leaving you with a lovely window setting.